If you are getting an error referencing "SyncDatabase.msdb" when opening MSP on a mac, it is likely due to an issue with file permissions -- especially if the computer has multiple accounts.
To fix this issue, you will need to:
- Open Finder
- If you see Macintosh HD listed on the left-hand side of the Finder window, skip to step 7
- If not, at the top of the screen, select Finder and then choose Preferences
- In Finder Preferences, go to the Sidebar section
- Find and select "Hard disks" under devices, then close the preferences window
- You should now see your Macintosh HD under devices
- Go to the Library folder
- Go to the Application Support folder
- Open the Ministry Scheduler Pro folder
- Right-click the SyncDatabase.msdb file and select "Get Info"
- Under the "Sharing & Permissions" category, give Everyone read & write access (or just give read and write access to the users that should be able to open MSP)
- Close out of the window
Once we do this, we should be all set! MSP should open from any eligible account on your computer without issues.