You can set up reminders to automatically be sent a specified number of days before volunteers are scheduled to serve, and volunteers can even adjust the number of days on an individual basis to suit their preferences. To turn on automatic email reminders:
- Open MSP and go to the Web Terminal pane.
- At the top of the Home tab, click the "Web Terminal Settings" button.
- In the new dialog, click on the "Auto Reminders" heading from the left menu.
- Check the box at the top of this window that says "Send automatic email reminders to ministers before each of their scheduled dates." You can adjust the default number of days in advance that the email goes out for each minister. Also, You can give your volunteers the ability to request changes to the number of days in advance they get the email on an individual basis. To allow this, continue with the steps below:
- From the same "Web Terminal Settings" dialog, click on the "Profile Changes" heading and then click on General.
- Check the second-to-last option in this section that says "Allow volunteers to view and request changes to their automatic email reminder settings."
- Now when volunteers log into the Web Terminal, they can adjust when they will receive their automatic reminders in the My Profile tab.