Volunteers can be allowed to either cancel assignments, or request a sub; they cannot have the option to do both at once. If the ability for them to cancel assignments is on, this will take precedence and they will not be able to request subs.
If you want volunteers to cancel an assignment (take themselves off the schedule) instead of requesting a sub, follow these steps:
- Go to the Web Terminal pane
- Click on "Web Terminal settings..."
- Go to Assignments
- Check the box that reads "Allow volunteers to cancel assignments"
- Click OK
- Click Commit Changes
If you choose to use the setting that reads "by only up until x days before the assignment", one of the two following options may happen:
- If you have Swap Requests turned on, then after cancellations are no longer allowed, the volunteer will begin to see the "request sub" link.
- If you do not have Swap Requests turned on, then after cancellations are no longer allowed, the volunteer will not have any link after their assignment.