Group volunteers are used to represent groups (like Knights of Columbus or the youth group) that are filling multiple volunteer roles at a given service. You do not need to know the names and contact information for the individual volunteers the group will be sending – just the primary contact for the group. When placing a group in the schedule, you will be able to specify how many people from that group are needed/expected.
Creating a group
- Go to the Volunteers pane on the left hand side of MSP, and click the "New Volunteer..." button
- Name the group, check the "Is a group" box, add any information you have for the main contact of the group, and qualify the group for the appropriate ministries
Scheduling a group
- To add the group to a schedule, go to the Schedules pane of MSP and open your schedule
- Click on a position in a service, and double-click the group name to assign the group
- In the new window, specify how many volunteers from that group will fill each ministry where they are qualified at the service, and click OK
Self sign-up as a group
The group contact can also sign up for slots online through the Web Terminal by clicking "Volunteer now" for any available positions at a service, and will not be limited in the number of open positions they sign up for in the qualified ministries.
Note: Group volunteer scheduling is available in MSP's Plus Edition only.