If you are using MSP on a Mac computer that is running Catalina (MacOS version 10.15) and you are using or will be upgrading to Servant Keeper 8, MSP's "Auto Detect" feature will not be able to locate your Servant Keeper database file because the file path used by Servant Keeper 8 is different in Catalina than it is for all earlier versions of MacOS. Since MSP cannot auto-detect the location, you will need to navigate to it manually.
To manually navigate to this file location, you will need to:
- Go to the File menu in MSP and select "Synchronize Volunteers With..."
- In the "Synchronize Volunteers" pop-up window, select "Servant Keeper 8" and click "Continue >>"
- Click inside of the white bar next to the word "Location":
- This will open up what looks like a Finder window, where we will manually navigate to the location of the database. First, we need to make sure that we are showing hidden files. To do this, press the Command, Shift, and period (.) keys at the same time.
- After making the hidden files visible, navigate to: Macintosh HD > Users > [your username] > Library > Application Support > Servant Keeper 8 > Bottles > servantkeeper64 > drive_c > users > crossover > Application Data > ServantPC
- Click "Open" to select this file, and continue the synchronization process.