When first setting up MSP, many users send an email to all of their volunteers to introduce the new system. But what happens when you add new volunteers later on? To send an introductory email to just new volunteers, follow the steps below.
- Go to the Emailer pane on the left side of the program.
- Click "Settings..." and then "Preconfigured templates." Choose "Introductory Email - request for updates."
- Since this email introduces MSP as a new system, you will likely want to update the first paragraph to make it more of a welcome for new volunteers. Feel free to start by copy and pasting the sentence below:
We are pleased to welcome you as a new volunteer! To make scheduling easier for everyone involved, we use a program called Ministry Scheduler Pro.
- Next you want to set up the recipients of the email. In the "Send to:" area, select "All volunteers" and then check the "Moreover, only send to volunteers passing | this filter ..." box.
- When you check this box, a new "Edit filter" window will appear. From the menu on the left side, choose "Date created".
- Choose the date of the last time you sent out these Introductory Emails and click OK.
- To see a list of the volunteers that the email will be sent to, click "Preview..." and, whenever you are ready, click "Send...".
NOTE: If your volunteers sign up using Enrollment forms, you can set up this email to be sent automatically to new volunteers when they submit the form. You can edit this email by going to your Web Terminal pane, clicking on "Web Terminal settings...", then Enrollments and "Edit Email Body..."