Adding a ministry can be done at any time. However, it is easiest to add a new ministry before you create a schedule. Adding can be done after and the additional steps to accommodate that scenario are below.
- Add the ministry to the Ministries pane.
- Qualify the necessary volunteers for the new ministry.
- Edit the services in the Service Times pane to add the necessary number of positions in the new ministry to existing services.
If you need to add this ministry to a schedule that has already been created, you will also need to:
- Open the current schedule and manually edit each service on the current schedule to add the number of required positions in the new ministry.
- Then you can fill those positions using whatever method you choose. If using rotating teams, you will have to manually enter one person from each team on the current schedule as rotating teams are added to the schedule when a schedule is created.
Some ministries may also come with a certain set of special circumstances. For example, Homebound ministries may be scheduled at a specific service, or only need to happen on a certain day with no specific service time. Additionally, these Homebound ministers may or may not be regular EMs. For any special circumstances like these, please feel free to contact our tech support team with a list of your special requirements and we would be happy to make some recommendations!