In the event you accidentally delete a ministry or subdivision and those positions are removed from your current schedules, you will want to first revert the database to a backup copy, then revert the Live schedules to backup copies. It's important we do this in order.
Before you start, go to the File menu and choose "Turn off concurrent user mode."
You may then wish go to the File menu and choose "Backup database" and create a local backup of the current database, just in case. You may also want to go to the Web Forms pane and click on "Show all processed forms" then the "Export" button at the bottom, to export that full list of changes, in the event you need to re-do any of these (this depends on how far back in time you restore your backup files from).
- Go to the File menu and select "Restore from Auto Backup"
- A message will appear that says "MSP automatically makes backup copies of your database every time you close the program. Would you like to load the most recent one of these backup copies now?" Choose "Older Copy"
- Enter in the date and time you first noticed the unwanted changes in your database. (If you don't have a time, just enter the date.)
- MSP will automatically swap in that older database, and will let you know the date and time it found the backup for.
Go ahead and look through the Volunteers, Ministries, and Service Times pane to make sure that you reverted back far enough.
Now we need to restore your schedules to match this version of the database.
- Go to the File menu and select "Restore Schedules from Auto Backup". NOTE:This will only restore Live schedules.
- Follow the prompts to back up to and "Older Copy" and enter in the same date and time as when we backed up the database above. Click OK through all of the pop up boxes.
Now that you are backed up, you can compare the Web Forms and changes in schedule to fix any data that may need to be updated.
Once you are finished, go to File - Turn ON Concurrent User Mode.
If you have any questions about this process, or are unsure if you should proceed, please send in your data files (Help - Send Data Files to Tech Support) or call us BEFORE you begin.