Need to track volunteer information that doesn't fit into one of MSP's pre-formatted fields? Now it's possible! With MSP's Plus Edition you can keep tabs on background checks, certifications, training dates, grade levels, birthdays and more!
Step by step: Creating custom fields for background checks and training dates
- From the Volunteers pane of MSP, click on a volunteer's name, and click the Edit Volunteer button.
- In the profile, click the "Edit Custom Fields..." button that you will see in the lower left portion of the window.
- A new window will open and in the upper right side, click the "Create a new field" button.
- You can create custom fields that track a variety of data types: text, number, date, checkbox, and list of options. For Background Checks choose the "checkbox" option. For Training Date choose "date" option.
- Once you create the field, it will appear in the main part of the screen, where you can set a value for the field for that volunteer.
- When you edit other volunteers, the custom fields you have defined will be available for them as well.
NOTE: Custom fields are available in MSP's Plus Edition only. Once you've created custom fields, you can include them in Rosters and run filters to communicate with people meeting certain criteria (e.g. Send an email to all volunteers whose training date is over one year old).