MSP's high-powered filters are great for isolating certain volunteers based on specific criteria. By using filters, it makes it easier to communicate, schedule, group and edit volunteers that meet certain criteria. The filters can be used in most functions of MSP. For example, using the filters you can send an email to only volunteers who are scheduled at a specific service.
- Make sure the schedule with the service is Live
- From the Emailer pane in MSP, check the selection that says Send to: "All volunteers"
- Check the box below that option that says "Moreover, send to only volunteers passing this filter"
- In the filter dialog that appears, click on Assignments under Ministries & Scheduling
- In the right-hand side of the pane, a new box will appear. Set it to say "Are assigned at least/exactly 1 total services On the exact date of _____". You can optionally use the "At this service" checkbox to specify a specific service on that date.
- Click "OK"
You have now activated that filter, and the email will only go to those ministers scheduled on the specified date.