MSP's high-powered filters are great for isolating certain volunteers based on specific criteria. By using filters, it makes it easier to communicate, schedule, group and edit volunteers that meet certain criteria. The filters can be used in most functions of MSP. For example, using the filters you can send an email to only volunteers that are scheduled Easter Sunday at the 12:00 PM service.
Step by step: Sending an email to ministers scheduled at a specific service
- Make sure the schedule with the Easter service is live
- From the Emailer pane in MSP, check the selection that says Send to: "All Ministers"
- Check the box below that option that says "Moreover, send to only ministers passing this filter"
- In the filter dialog that appears, click on Assignments under Ministries & Scheduling
- In the right hand side of the pane, a new box will appear. Set it to say "Are assigned at least/exactly 1 total services between the dates of April 1st and April 1st, and then under that option, from the drop down menu choose the 12:00 PM Easter service
- Click "OK"
You have now activated that filter, and the email will only go to those ministers scheduled at the 12:00 PM service on Easter Sunday.