MSP's high-powered filters are great for isolating certain volunteers based on specific criteria. By using filters, it makes it easier to communicate, schedule, group and edit volunteers that meet certain criteria. The filters can be used in most functions of MSP. For example, using the filters you can send an email to only volunteers who are scheduled at a specific service.
- Make sure the schedule with the service is Live
- From the Announcements pane in MSP, make sure the "To" line is set to "All volunteers"
- Check the box below the "To" line that says "But only volunteers who pass | this filter..."
- In the filter dialog that appears, click on "Assignments" on the left hand side of the window
- In the right-hand side of the window, a new box will appear. Set it to say "Are assigned at least 1 total services" "On the exact date of _____". You can optionally use the "At this service" checkbox to specify a specific service on that date.
- Click "OK"
You have now activated that filter, and the email will only go to those ministers scheduled on the specified date.