"Titles" can be used to divide your ministers based on attributes such as experience level, age, or gender. Ministers can then be scheduled based on their title according to rules you set up. There is also a video tutorial available on this topic: Using Titles.
For example, to differentiate between inexperienced and experienced altar servers, you can create "Experienced" and "Inexperienced" titles in the Altar Server ministry. Then you can optionally specify how many Inexperienced and Experienced servers should be scheduled for each of your services by setting up title rules. You could even specify that at least one Experienced Altar Server is required at every service, but that the remaining servers can be either Experienced or Inexperienced.
Creating Titles for a Ministry
- Go to the Ministries pane in either the desktop software, or in the Admin view of the Web Terminal if you have made yourself a Web Admin.
- Click on one of your ministries and choose to edit it by clicking "Edit Ministry..." in the desktop software, or clicking on the pencil icon in the Admin view of the Web Terminal.
- At the bottom of the window, check the box that says "Use titles to qualify volunteers in this ministry...".
- In the window that appears, you can create the titles you want to use to designate ministers.
- Once you create titles, all the ministers will be auto-assigned to one title. You can use the Control key to select and double-click on multiple ministers at a time and to toggle between the different titles.
Setting Up Title Rules for a Ministry
- After assigning all of your volunteers a title, go to the Service Times pane.
- Select a service that you want to set "Title Rules" for, and choose to edit the service. In the desktop software this is done by clicking the "Edit Service..." button, and in the Admin view of the Web Terminal this is done by clicking on the pencil icon.
- Once inside the "Edit Service" dialog, highlight the ministry in which you created titles. A blue link will appear at the bottom of the service window that says "Create title rules for this ministry...". Click on this link to set up title rules for the specified service.
- Using the controls, you can specify how volunteers should be scheduled for the service according to their titles. For example, if there are 2 Altar Server positions at a service and you want at least 1 person to be Experienced, but the rest of the volunteers can be either Experienced or Inexperienced, choose the second option and set it to require 1 Experienced and 1 Any title.
NOTE: Title rules must be set up before the schedule is created to take effect. If you create a schedule and then change the title rules, these settings will take effect on the following schedule.