If you want to add a new recurring service to the schedule, this can be accommodated quickly and easily, without needing to generate a new schedule skeleton. This is especially helpful for new weekly and monthly services that you don't want to enter manually.
- Open the existing schedule that covers the time period during which the new service takes place.
- Leave the schedule open, go back to the main MSP screen and go to the Service Times pane.
- Select "New Service" option for the type of service you are creating - weekly, monthly or yearly. Setup the time and number of required positions in each ministry, then click OK.
- A dialog box will say, "Would you like to create instances of this service time in the open schedule?"
- Click OK.
- Go back and look at the schedule, and you will see the new services. You can then run the auto-scheduler again to fill in those services. Before rerunning the auto-scheduler, you will want to update volunteers' profile with the new service time by adding it as a preference for those volunteers that wish to serve at the new time.
NOTE: Although you can create new services in the open schedule by adding a service in the Service Time pane, editing an existing service in the Service Time pane will not change the services in the open schedule.