To add a service the happens every year (like Christmas or Easter):
- If you will be using the MSP desktop software and want to add the service to an existing schedule, first open the schedule and move it to the side, but do not close the schedule window. If you will be using the Admin view of the Web Terminal as a Web Admin, skip to step 2.
- Go to the Service Times pane and click "New Yearly...".
- Enter in the date, time, and number of volunteers needed at the service, and then click "OK".
- After clicking "OK" in the desktop software, you will get a message that will allow you to add the service to the open schedule (as long as the schedule is still open). In the Admin view of the Web Terminal, you will get a message that will allow you to choose which schedules to add the service to, if any.
These services will now show on your schedule every year.
To add a service that does not repeat (like weddings or funerals):
If you do not want this special service to recur yearly, or the schedule was not open so it did not get added to the current schedule, you can go back to that schedule and add any special services that fall within that time frame. To add existing special services to a schedule:
- Open the existing schedule during which time frame the special services occur.
- Click on the date where the special service takes place from the calendars on the left.
- Click on the "New Service..." button at the top of the window. In the dialog box that appears you can indicate the service time and required positions needed for that service. If this is a service you created in the Service Times pane, you can also use the "Treat as:" area to tie this service to volunteers with the yearly service preference.
- Repeat for all other special services that fall during this time period.