To synchronize with ACS People, follow these steps:
- Request the READ ONLY driver from your ACS representative. Install this driver.
- Go to the Start menu, Control Panel. From the Control Panel click on Administrative Tools, in the next folder choose Data Sources ODBC.
- Under the tab for User DSN or System DSN locate the recently installed ACS Driver Copy down the name of that driver exactly as it appears under the Name column in this window.
- Open MSP, go to the File menu and select Synchronize volunteers with.
- Choose ACS from the list of available programs, and click Continue
- In the next screen, click on the white location bar at the top of the window. MSP will ask you to type the address of the database server. Type in the name of the ACS driver exactly as it appeared in the Data Sources ODBC window and click OK.
- To import all available information, leave all fields in this section highlighted, and check the last option in this screen that says Import new volunteers and update existing volunteers. Click the Continue button. MSP will then walk you through the rest of the synchronization process.
To synchronize with Access ACS, you will need to get the Sec ID and Site ID from ACS.
For additional help with the synchronization, please refer to our step-by-step video tutorial. The beginning of the tutorial regarding locating the database can be ignored, as the process for ACS is different than other programs. The rest of the process will be identical to that in the video, and the tutorial is very helpful.