If you have two ministries or positions that can be filled by one volunteer at the same service, you can tell MSP to schedule those two ministries in combination with each other.
- Begin in the Ministries pane and edit one of the ministries that you want to schedule with another.
- In the Edit Ministry pane, check the option that says "Schedule this ministry in combination with." This will open a list of all of your ministries and subdivisions.
- Click on the ministry that can volunteers can also serve in at the same service along with the ministry currently being edited - this will change the "When to schedule together" selection from "Never" to either:
- Always: In order to schedule a volunteer, they need to be qualified for both ministries or they will not be placed. This means there needs to be the same number of open positions in each ministry. If there are an uneven number of positions, empty positions will be left in ministries with additional positions.
- Whenever possible: Here, the auto-scheduler will first place volunteers who are qualified for both positions. If there are more positions in one ministry than the other, volunteers will be placed to fill the remaining spots. Note this means that volunteers who are only in one ministry may not be placed at all, or may be placed less.
- Only when needed: For the most part, the suto-scheduler will try to place separate volunteers in each ministry. However, when there are not enough volutneers to fill the positions, a volunteer may be placed in both positions.
Keep clicking until you select the option that will work best for your scheduling, and click OK.