If you have two ministries or positions that can be filled by one volunteer at the same service, you can tell MSP to schedule those two ministries in combination with each other.
- Begin in the Ministries pane in either the desktop software or in the Admin view of the Web Terminal if you have made yourself a Web Admin.
- Click on one of your ministries and choose to edit it by clicking "Edit Ministry..." in the desktop software, or clicking on the pencil icon in the Admin view of the Web Terminal.
- In the Edit Ministry dialog, select the option that says "This ministry may be scheduled in combination with...". This will open a list of all of your ministries and subdivisions.
- Click on the ministry in which volunteers can also serve at the same service along with the ministry currently being edited - this will change the "When to schedule together" selection from "Never" to either:
- Always: In order to schedule a volunteer, they need to be qualified for both ministries or they will not be placed. This means there needs to be the same number of open positions in each ministry. If there are an uneven number of positions, empty positions will be left in the ministry with additional positions.
- Whenever possible: Here, the auto-scheduler will first place volunteers who are qualified for both positions. If there are more positions in one ministry than the other, volunteers will be placed to fill the remaining spots. Note this means that volunteers who are only in one ministry may not be placed at all, or may be placed less.
- Only when needed: For the most part, the auto-scheduler will try to place separate volunteers in each ministry. However, when there are not enough volunteers to fill the positions, a volunteer may be placed in both positions.
Keep clicking until you select the option that will work best for your scheduling, and click "OK".