By setting up key volunteers as Web Admins or Leaders in MSP, they get access to a special Admin View in the Web Terminal and in the app!
In the Admin View, Leaders can:
- edit schedules,
- upload notes and resources to service plans,
- update volunteer profiles,
- send personalized emails or text messages to volunteers in their ministries,
- and request subs on their behalf.
In addition to everything a Leader can do, Web Admins can also:
- add and delete services from schedules,
- rename schedules,
- add and delete volunteers,
- import volunteers, including importing custom fields for those volunteers,
- and send announcements as any email address (for Leaders, the announcements will always be sent from the email listed in their volunteer profile).
This feature will make it possible for administrators and heads of ministries to stay powerfully connected to the volunteers without having to download MSP. As an installation administrator to MSP you have control over which ministries a Leader can contact and what privileges they have online. Web Admins will all have complete access to all features listed above.
- Make sure the person who will be acting as the Web Admin* or Leader* is entered as a volunteer inside of MSP.
- From the Web Terminal pane, click on the "Web Terminal settings..." button at the top of the screen.
- In the settings window, click on the Administrators heading on the left.
- Click the "New Web Admin..." or "New Leader..." button and select the name of your Web Admin or Leader from the list of your volunteers. If adding a Leader, click on the Ministries row and select the ministries they will lead. You can limit the services and privileges Leaders have access to by referring to the corresponding Services and Privileges rows.
- Click the "OK" button and then the "Commit Changes" button, and when the volunteer next logs into the Web Terminal, they will now see a "Switch to Admin View" option when they click on their name in the upper right corner of the Web Terminal.