Giving volunteers the ability to view ministry schedules separately can make finding scheduled positions easier. If you have many ministries and services, consider following these steps to help volunteers quickly find their scheduled services.
Step by step: Creating a Live Schedule Post for each ministry
For this example, let's pretend we are creating a Live Schedule Post for the Greeter ministry.
- Click on the Schedules pane on the left side of the program and open your schedule. Make sure your schedule is saved and live.
- Go to the File menu at the top of your screen and select "Create [additional] Live Schedule Post..."
- In the "Included Ministries" pane, select "Include only these ministries" and then Greeter. NOTE: If you only want volunteers within this ministry to be allowed to see this ministry's schedule, you will want to check the option at the bottom of the window that says "Only show this schedule to volunteers in the included ministries."
- Customize the settings in the other available panes as needed and then click "Save" in the bottom right corner.
- The program will ask "What do you want to name this Live Schedule Post?" It is recommended that you choose a descriptive title that displays the date range and ministry associated with the schedule i.e. "August 1- October 31 Greeters."
- Repeat these steps for the rest of your ministries.